Verbal, Situational, & Dramatic Irony - modern multimedia presentation for a lesson that appeals to teens. This presentation has high quality videos; music / song lyrics; examples that make you laugh; student friendly explanations; and a quiz at the end with NO PRINTING REQUIRED!
Wait! - You can get this presentation with lesson plans and a printable test with reading passages for just 95 cents more! Click on the bundle above.
This is my favorite lesson on irony. The lesson takes a full 55 minute class period. Students copy down the definition for irony and then delve deeper with the three types of irony. Easy to understand explanations and examples make these higher level thinking ideas accessible.
Students read and see examples from song lyrics, videos, images, jokes, and stories.
After the definition and explanation of each type of irony is a 'click-on' link to a TED ED video that reinforces each irony concept.
The presentation and lesson have a quiz at the end that asks students to read brief stories and identify the types of irony used and then to also restate the definitions and give examples for each.
Student FRIENDLY & EASY for teachers with NO COPYING REQUIRED!
Included: - 30 Slide Presentation (Power Point or Google Slides)
- 3 types of irony defined
- Funny images
- Links to THREE TED ED videos about irony
- No copies required Quiz
We hope you enjoy this product from Teacher's Best.
Other Teacher's Best products that we are proud of -
SLO / SLG Tool:
- SLG / SLO Student Learning Growth Goal TOOL
: EASY for you and DATA for admin! SLG / SLO? DONE!
Common Core Writing Lessons:
- GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT
- IF WALLS COULD TALK
- WORD WEBS
- SCAFFOLD STORY
- PROTAGONIST POST
• Classroom Essentials:
- ELA RUBRIC BUNDLE
- SUB PLANS BUNDLE
- ELA 9-10 CLASSROOM ESSENTIALS BUNDLE
- EMERGENCY SUB PLANS
• Data Sheets:
- EASY GRAPH DATA SHEET
- QUIZ TRACKER
- TIME DATA SHEET
- SIGHT WORDS & Tracking Sheet
• Rhetoric & Persuasion:
- RHETORICAL APPEALS UNIT BUNDLE
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS EXAM
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS Multimedia PRESENTATION
- ADVERTISEMENT INVENTION PROJECT
- PROPAGANDA & PERSUASION TEST
• Literary Terms & Lessons:
- 3-TYPES of IRONY BUNDLE
- IMAGERY & DESCRIPTIVE SENTENCES
- HARLEM RENAISSANCE POETRY EXPLORATION
- GOLDILOCKS & the 3 POEMS
• Final Exams and End of Course Materials:
- COMPLETE English 9-10 Final Exam
- COMPLETE English 11-12 Final Exam
- Self Evaluation Essay
- High School Final Exam Essay
We are glad to offer professional and time saving products that add to the amazing things you do in your classroom every day.
* FREE! How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head to the 'My Purchases' page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a 'Provide Feedback' button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. I always love getting positive feedback and you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Follow and get the heads up!