This resource includes 36 pairs of multiple-meaning words using photographs to clearly illustrate word meanings. You get:
- 36 mini posters (8 ½” x 11”) showing dual word meanings for each of the 36 words
- 72 photo cards
- 72 word cards
- 72 definition clue cards
- 72 context clue sentences
You can use the cards in a variety of whole-group, small-group, partner, and independent learning center tasks to introduce, practice, and reinforce the Common Core Standards for Vocabulary Acquisition and Use:
- Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases.
- Identify new meanings for familiar words and apply them accurately.
- Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
This resource also includes lots of activity ideas for using the collection of cards, storage labels to keep the color-coded units organized, reproducible writing sheets, and a tracking form.
Entire contents © 2013 Teach Bright, Irvine, California. All text and photographs in this resource are property of Teach Bright and are protected under copyright laws. Permission is granted to the individual purchaser to reproduce materials in this resource for noncommercial individual or single classroom use only. Reproduction of these materials for an entire school district or system is strictly prohibited.