Your students can achieve vocabulary standards with these task cards from Looks-Like-Language for using sentence context to infer meaning. The vocabulary from Multiple Meanings (C) is: mine, rock, skip, rare, pitcher, ring, trip, well, yard, and kid.
The task cards include:
* a grayscale set for photocopying
* 40 task cards for inferring word meaning from sentence context to fill in the blanks (Some idiomatic and lesser frequent meanings are also used.)
* a set of 10 task cards with pictures showing meanings for use as a word wall, reference, or for use in matching activities with the other sets
* 10 task cards for students to determine the meaning as used in the somewhat ambiguous sentences.
* task cards with directions for writing activities
Be sure to check the preview to see more of what inside. Still not sure? Just ask a question at my store and I'll be happy to help! Thanks for shopping with me! Linda @Looks-Like-Language
You might also like:
Noun-Verb Multiple Meanings Fun
Multiple Meanings Game- When Penguins Fly
Multiple Meanings (A) Bundle
Multiple Meanings (B) Bundle