Multiple Meaning Words - Homonyms Task Cards - Google, Print, & Digital
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
- Save money with this discounted mega-bundle of 16 sets of CCSS-aligned vocabulary task cards 512 task cards altogether! Your students will love learning about synonyms, homophones, idioms, multiple-meaning words, and more. These sets are Common Core aligned with the standards listed. All have challPrice $43.54Original Price $54.43Save $10.89
These homonym task cards will help your students practice differentiating between multiple meaning words!
- 32 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides
- Easel Assessment - Self-Checking
- Digital or Print
- 5 Challenge Cards to extend the lesson
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This resource uses American English and is editable.
Each of the featured words appears on two cards. For example, the word "duck" appears on card #1 as the waterfowl and again on card #17 as the verb, to bend down. Not only will this help to solidify the words and their meanings, it may also help some students to self-correct as they work.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "A lot of my students really struggle with the fact that there can be two meanings for a word, let alone explaining the two meanings. This resource has been great because it allows them to see the meaning in a sentence before identifying it. It is a great starting place for teaching multiple meaning words." -Miss Sneed
✏️ "This is a great resource for distance learning. It was easy to share the document on the computer and aligned with the grade-level learning target appropriately." -Carly J.
✏️ "Great resource! I like that the students has to pick the definition for each word. That way they had to think about each definition and which one was really being used based on the sentence." -Kristy C.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSSL.3.4 - Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 3 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- CCSSL.3.4a - Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
- CCSSL.4.4 - Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 4 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- CCSSL.4.4a - Use context (e.g., definitions, examples, or restatements in text) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
- CCSSL.5.4 - Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 5 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- CCSSL.5.4a - Use context (e.g., cause/effect relationships and comparisons in text) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
- Visit the FAQs section
- submit a help ticket
- ask a question on the Q& A tab
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom