Also included in
- Save money with this discounted mega-bundle of 16 sets of CCSS aligned vocabulary task cards 512 task cards altogether! Your students will love learning about synonyms, homophones, idioms, multiple meaning words and more. These sets are Common Core aligned with standards listed. All have challenge$42.43$54.43Save $12.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$272.93$373.35Save $100.42
Use these 32 multiple choice task cards to reinforce common multiple meaning words (homographs). Each of the featured words appears on two cards. For example, the word "duck" appears on card #1 as the waterfowl and again on card #17 as the verb, to bend down. Not only will this help to solidify the words and their meanings, it may also help some students to self-correct as they work.
There is also a digital version using TpT's new digital tool. After purchase, click the white “Open in Easel" button on this page. This will give you access to a digital overlay where students can select their answers. You can edit the digital overlay or use it as is. You can even assign it in Google Classroom! Please see the fourth thumbnail for an example.
A student answer sheet is included along with an answer key for self-checking. There is also a Challenge Card that can be used in conjunction with any other card to extend the activity.
Blackline versions of the cards are also included for printing on colored paper.
These task cards are perfect for test prep and will work well at literacy centers, stations, for partner work, or with the whole class using a game like Scoot.
Contents of this set include:
- Directions and Suggestions
- 32 Task Cards - Color
- 32 Task Cards - Black Line
- Challenge Card and Cover Card
- Student Answer Sheet
- Answer Keys
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
This resource addresses Common Core Standard L.4 for grades 3-5:
L.4. Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 3 [also applies to grades 4, and 5] reading and content, choosing flexibly from an array of strategies.
A: Use context (e.g., definitions, examples, or restatements in text) as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
Also available in a money-saving Vocabulary Task Card Bundle
Need more Multiple Meaning Words Task Cards? Check out Set 2.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom