Multiplication by Grouping Level 1
• The grouping strategy taught allows students to multiply without knowing all their multiplication facts;
• This video takes you step by step on how to develop the meaning of multiplication;
• It guides students to learn the most effective early multiplication strategy: the multiplication by grouping strategy;
• It provides a model for a conceptual-focus Common Core lesson;
• With this strategy students only have to know how to count by 1, 2 and 5 to multiply;
• It will teach students the key academic vocabulary associated with the initial understanding of multiplication;
• It will prepare students to recognize multiplications in a variety of representations;
• It will prepare students to solve word problems involving multiplication;
• It will prepare students to use the same strategy for division, without requiring they know all the multiplication facts;
• Teachers can play the video for their class to provide them with an effective introduction to the concept of multiplication;
• The video provides opportunities for student interaction, with model questions and pair sharing;
• In addition to the video, teachers get all the templates and handouts students will need to develop the concept of multiplication and provide them with conceptual practice;
• It provides teachers with the key questions they need to be asking students to align their teaching with the conceptual focus of the common core standards;
• It builds the foundations for the development of the distributive property.
Contents of the Multiplication by Grouping Level 1 Download
1) The video lesson comes in MP4 format, playable in MAC’s, PC’s, most tablets and many DVD players.
2) The teaching template used in the lesson
3) Variations of the template to connect multiplication to real life situations.
4) Conceptual practice worksheets for classwork, homework and assessment.
Purchasing the Multiplication by Groping Video Lesson grants the purchaser permission to use the video for his or her class or with their own children. Other uses, including the use of the video for professional development activities, teaching methods classes, or the sharing of the video and the supporting templates and worksheets is not permitted. School, district and college licenses are available. Contact us for additional information. (firstname.lastname@example.org)