Arrays are a fantastic way to introduce multiplication to your students. They serve as a visual representation of the meaning behind multiplication.
This set of task cards includes 24 cards. Students will practice working with arrays in a variety of different ways including:
- draw an array to solve a problem
- draw an array to represent a multiplication equation
- draw an array to represent a repeated addition equation
- related repeated addition to multiplication
- write the equation represented by the array
- write a story problem and use an array to solve it
- think about arrays in real life
Recording sheets and answer keys are included. I have also included an array reference poster for classroom display.
You might also be interested in:
- task cards for other math skills and strategies
- Basic Multiplication Equation of the Day: Multiplication Facts Booklet
- The Multiplication Station
- Multiplication Strategy Posters