My students ALWAYS cringe when they hear me say the word “fractions”. But that is not necessary if they can learn to use a 12 x 12 or 15 x 15 multiplication chart to work “Magic”.
In this file you are getting a full week’s worth of activities on fraction operations (Simplifying, Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing):
• 12 x 12 multiplication chart for students to complete (and key).
• 15 x 15 multiplication chart for students to complete (and key). This is used for higher grades as they will be working with larger numbers.
• Notes sheet for each of the 5 topics
• WS (for HW or classwork) and key for all five topics
• Coordinating PowerPoint presentation to guide the class for all five topics
This is an interesting way to use an easily created tool to assist with fraction operations. My students with special needs find this very useful.
Key words: STAAR, TEKS, Common core, Special Education, Resource, fractions, simplify, reduce, add, subtract, multiply, divide, multiplication chart