Multiplicative Comparison begins in 4th grade, returns in 5th grade and evolves into Ratios in 6th grade. This match game offers a word problem or an algebraic expression on one card, and a model (often called a tape diagram in grade 6) on its matching card. The 4 Sets were designed around the 4. OA standards:
- 4.OA.A1/5.OA.A1 Match Game with Simple Expressions
- 4.OA.A2/6.RP.A1; 6.RP.A3 Comparison Word Problems and Matching Models
- 4.OA.A2/6.RP.A1; 6.RP.A3 More Word Problems (Additive)
- 6.EE.A.2A; 6.EE.B6 The algebraic expressions and the modeling of the word problems fit these standards as well.
- 2.OA.A1 & 3.OAA2 Simple Bar Models: Students must distinguish multiplicative comparison from simple comparison (subtraction).
4 Different Match Games of 12-18 matching card pairs.
Teacher page for each game
Visual Answer keys so students can learn from them if needed... only three to a page so they can check an answer and self-correct before seeing ALL of the answers.
These cards offer SO MANY OPTIONS!
- Print as a packet or single worksheets. (In fourth grade, I do this first.)
- Print desired quantity of model matching card sets; Cut apart model cards, separating model or visual from equations; Mix up cards for students to match; Answer Keys are provided for self-checking.
- EXTENSION: Mix up multiple sets. Blank cards are provided for students to create their own! (They can create their own from scratch, or write a problem for a model card, or a model for a problem card!
- MODIFICATION: Give students fewer cards to match. I intentionally repeated many numbers so they couldn't just match solely by the numbers.. in most cases.
Thank you for EXPLORING MATH with me!! If you like this resource PLEASE Review and Pin it! Remember, TPT rewards us for reviewing!!
Fraction Division Visual Match Game Task Cards and Scoot
Sort & Solve NUMBERLESS Fraction Word Problems
Sort & Solve NUMBERLESS Word Problems Grades 3-5
Grade 3-6 Word Problem Generator: Create Your Own!
Grade 4-6 Number of the Day REASONING templates for whole numbers, fractions and decimals
Place Value Chart BOARD TOPPER poster
Fractions in the Pie Hands-on Division Game FREEBIE
Division Area Model Level I/II 4.NBT.B6
Division Area Model Level III 5.NBT.B6
FORTNITE Superhero Race Car MASTERMIND Smartboard/hands on Reasoning Game
FREEBIE Multiplication Fact Sorts: Simple and Sophisticated