Properties of Multiplication and Division: Breaking Apart to Multiply
Did you know that The Brains moonlight as match makers?
In fact...We'd like to introduce you to the newest handout in our Multiplication & Division series. Awesome Teacher, meet groovy handout. Groovy handout, meet awesome teacher. Our work here is done.
Well, maybe a little overview first...
This handout explores the steps for the breaking apart method
. We model how to break apart one factor while leaving the other one the same to find the product. We paired our thorough mini-lesson with 29 top-notch practice questions just for you friends. Enjoy!
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach the skill from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
If you're looking for more handouts
, check out our totally awesome Multiplication and Division Bundle HERE
, where we introduce the basics of multiplication and division before jumping into the more challenging skills we cover in this
Additional Handouts From This Series:
* Multiplication and Division: Determining Unknowns pgs 1-4
* Multiplication and Division: Solve for the Variable pgs 5-7
* Multiplication and Division: Multiply & Divide Using Algebra pgs 8-11
* Multiplication and Division: Multiply & Divide Using Algebra Extra Practice pgs 12-14
* Multiplication and Division: Commutative Property of Multiplication pgs 15-17
* Multiplication and Division: Associative Property of Multiplication pgs 18-20
* Multiplication and Division: Commutative & Associative Property of Multiplication Extra Practice pgs 21-24
* Multiplication and Division: Multiplying a Number by 10, 100, or 1000 pgs 25-27
* Multiplication and Division: Multiplying a Number by Multiples of 10, 100, or 1000 pgs 28-30
* Multiplication and Division: Identity & Zero Property of Multiplication pgs 31-34
* Multiplication and Division: Breaking Apart to Multiply pgs 35-38
* Multiplication and Division: Distributive Property of Multiplication pgs 39-42
* Multiplication and Division: Distributive Property of Multiplication: Extra Practice pgs 43-45
* Multiplication and Division: Identity, Zero, and One Property of Division pgs 46-49
* Multiplication and Division: Order of Operations pgs 50-53
* Multiplication and Division: Order of Operations Extra Practice pgs 54-56
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.