Teach your students how to solve multistep word problems with these 10 multi-question problems from "School Supply Central." Word problems focus on multiplying and dividing larger numbers and require students to think through the problem solving process using a real-world context. Students multiply, divide, interpret remainders, and answer questions related to other concepts. Algebra standards can also be incorporated when you require students to write equations to represent the situations.
This download includes:
* 10 multi-step word problems (1 per page)
* specific common core correlations for each problem
* answer key (with equations and steps)
* a model/graphic organizer for the problem solving process (use for a student answer recording sheet too)
* step-by-step directions for the math problem solving process that you can pull up on a whiteboard to explain the process to students
My themed sets of word problem use themes that you can use year-round, no matter the season or holiday around the corner! I push myself to utilize real-world, relevant material to allow students to connect with math concepts while having fun solving problems.
These problems would be a good challenge for 4th graders, designed for 5th graders, and would provide challenge to most 6th grade students still learning to analyze word problems.
Common Core Alignment:
***These problems were modeled after NC EOG released items and other state's released testing problems but can be used at any time of the year***
Check out my other Themed Math Products:
* Multiplying/Dividing Fractions: Cupcake Shoppe Theme
* Measurement Capacity and Weight: Farmers Market Theme
* Add/Subtract Fractions with Unlike Denominators Candy Themed
* Area House Plans (Mult/Divide Fractions)
Read More about My Reflections and Resources at the Tarheelstate Teacher Blog
Instagram is My Jam! Follow me!
Pin With Me on Pinterest!
Find me on Facebook!