Properties of Multiplication and Division: Order of Operations
excited to jump into Order of Operations. Multi-operational problems are like stages upon which graceful numbers dance and whirl, transforming and interacting in an elegant display of order. And it's all thanks to Order of Operations that the dance doesn't devolve into an awful, confusing mess. Simple expressions and number sentences are like math haiku, but with Order of Operations students can actually start learning to understand math sonnets
. So to speak.
Yes, it's true: the members of 88Brains are all huge geeks, and proud of it. :)
As always, we start things off with a thorough mini-lesson, then set students loose to practice the skill with a variety of engaging questions. You really don't want to miss this, friends!
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach the skill from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Spiral Review
-Kids' brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
If you're looking for more handouts
, check out our totally awesome Multiplication and Division Bundle HERE
, where we introduce the basics of multiplication and division before jumping into the more challenging skills we cover in this
Additional Handouts From This Series:
* Multiplication and Division: Determining Unknowns pgs 1-4
* Multiplication and Division: Solve for the Variable pgs 5-7
* Multiplication and Division: Multiply & Divide Using Algebra pgs 8-11
* Multiplication and Division: Multiply & Divide Using Algebra Extra Practice pgs 12-14
* Multiplication and Division: Commutative Property of Multiplication pgs 15-17
* Multiplication and Division: Associative Property of Multiplication pgs 18-20
* Multiplication and Division: Commutative & Associative Property of Multiplication Extra Practice pgs 21-24
* Multiplication and Division: Multiplying a Number by 10, 100, or 1000 pgs 25-27
* Multiplication and Division: Multiplying a Number by Multiples of 10, 100, or 1000 pgs 28-30
* Multiplication and Division: Identity & Zero Property of Multiplication pgs 31-34
* Multiplication and Division: Breaking Apart to Multiply pgs 35-38
* Multiplication and Division: Distributive Property of Multiplication pgs 39-42
* Multiplication and Division: Distributive Property of Multiplication: Extra Practice pgs 43-45
* Multiplication and Division: Identity, Zero, and One Property of Division pgs 46-49
* Multiplication and Division: Order of Operations pgs 50-53
* Multiplication and Division: Order of Operations Extra Practice pgs 54-56
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest 411
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.