Instructions for completing this hunt as a class
- Print and cut math problems on page 3
- Place each math problem in a plastic Easter egg
- Place Easter eggs around the classroom
- Give each student an answer sheet
- Students take turn finding an egg and reading the math problem out to the class
- Students solve the math problems using the answer sheet provided on page 2
- Students find the prize hidden under the teacher’s desk
*Tips on doing this in small groups (as a competition)
- Print and cut more than one set of the math problems (e.g. if you want 2 groups print and cut 2 sets of the maths problems).
- Designate a different set of coloured eggs to each group (e.g. if you have two groups you would need 48 eggs with 24 green eggs and 24 yellow eggs).
- Remember to place all 24 math problems in each set of coloured eggs (e.g. all 24 math problems in 24 yellow eggs and the other set of math problems in the 24 green eggs).
- Provide each group or each student an answer sheet and remind the students to work as a group to complete the hunt by only collecting the coloured eggs assigned to their group.
ACARA- Recall multiplication facts of two, three, five and ten and related division facts (ACMNA056)