Help your students hit the ball out of the park with multiplication facts! This baseball-themed set of parent letters, strategy sheets, and grids uses proven strategies to help children learn their times tables.
• Parent Letters – Three forms are included: a letter explaining the process to parents, a letter informing parents of specific facts students still need to learn, and a blank piece of Play Ball! stationery for your own personalized letter.
• Strategy for Learning 36 Facts – This page provides guidance for the process of systematically teaching multiplication facts.
• Facts Clinics – A step-by-step process helps parents, teachers, and/or homeschool providers guide children to learn their facts.
• Facts Grids – The fact grid is an essential piece for instruction. It records which facts a student knows (and more importantly, does not know). Two forms are included, one for home and one for school.
• Score Sheet – This handy checklist helps the teacher keep track of which facts each student in the class knows.
Are you looking to increase fluency as students learn their facts? My fourth graders love playing Math Facts Baseball Game
! For each of nine innings, students take four timed tests: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. They get one base for each test passed (one test = single, two tests = double, etc.) It’s a fun, motivational way to practice math facts.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching
Do you love this resource but need help paying for it? When your school signs up for TpT for Schools, you can request resources to be purchased by your school. Share this video
with your administrator to get the conversation started.