Chip, Chip, CHOMP! is a fun, fast-paced game that builds multiplication fact fluency as players compete to have the most chips at the end of the game. This game set includes a Chip, Chip, CHOMP! game for each set of facts, 2-12 and an extra bag label for Monster Mix games (for practicing more than one set at a time). That makes 12 games in all!
Which player will end up with the biggest pile of chips and which player's chips will get CHOMPED?
Save 20% on this resource by purchasing the Math Games Bundle!
Math Games Bundle
Here are the basic rules for Chip, Chip, CHOMP! (Detailed game rules are included in the download):
Number of Players: 2
Objective: To have the largest pile of chips at the end of the game
1. Decide who will go first.
2. On a turn, pull a chip from the bag. (No peeking!)
3. Read the multiplication expression out loud and say the product.
4. If the product is correct, keep the card.
5. If you or your opponent pull a CHOMP Chip or a CHOMP CHASER Chip or declare a CHIP CHALLENGE...someone's chips may not stand a chance!
Great ways to use Chip, Chip, CHOMP:
* For centers and early finishers
* Differentiated so students can practice one set of facts at a time!
* Play a quick game with a student to check fluency on a certain set of facts.
* Use the Monster Mix bag to have students practice more than one set of facts at a time!
* Create a longer game (and more fact practice) by copying two sets of chips instead of one for the game!
Each set includes the commutative property for facts 1-12. There are 24 chips per game, including CHOMP Chips, etc.
Please download the preview to view the table of contents and sample pages for this resource.
Paper bags are required. For best results, print in color and laminate the chips for durability. Also, multiplication fluency is a 3rd grade Common Core standard. Second, 4th, and 5th grades are included for teachers who wish to differentiate.
I hope you choose to download this product. If you do and find it helpful, please leave a great rating, follow me, and check out the other products in my store. Thank you!
~For personal and single classroom use only.~