Are your upper grade students struggling with Multiplication Fact Fluency? Improve memorization with this digital Google Slides Resource by focusing on Repeated Addition and other Multiplication Strategies. Fun, self paced, differentiated multiplication practice motivates students to pass each assessment.
This can be used with 3rd graders to introduce multiplication or with 4th-6th graders and SPED students to provided targeted intervention.
Slide decks included are: Multiply by 2, Multiply by 3, Multiply by 4, Multiply by 5, Multiply by 6, Multiply by 7, Multiply by 8, Multiply by 9, Multiply by 10, A teachers guide, 9 Slide Decks as Answer Keys. The download links to the teachers guide and includes a paper test option for each multiplication fact and answer keys for those tests.
***updated 11/05/16 Three new original multiplication videos have been added: Multiplication Strategy Double (x2), Multiplication Strategy Double Plus One (x3), and Multiplication Strategy Double Double (x4). You can watch the Double Double video here
***updated 11/06/16 Two more original multiplication videos have been added. Multiplication Strategy Triple Double (x6) and Multiplication Strategy Double Double Double (x8)***
- Assessment Options
- Assessment Plans
- Assessment Details
- Success Criteria
- Pre Assessments
- Class Data Collection
- Making Changes
- How to Assign
- Assignment Links
- Repeated Addition Video (Instructional video created by me)
- Grading Digital Assignments
- Introduction Video for Students (created by me)
- Tech Tips
Watch the Introduction Video for Students
to get a feel for the resource: https://youtu.be/xvcvDlduqvk
Each Student Multiplication Slide Deck Includes:
- A goal setting page
- Introduction Video to Repeated Addition
- 8 Slides for Practicing Repeated Addition and Arrays
- 5-7 Slides for Practicing Multiplication Strategies and for Looking for Patterns (all include a number line, hundred chart, and ten frame)
- A partner game called Multiplication Cover Up which is specific to that multiple
- Practice Slides with links to YouTube videos and internet games that let students practice the specific skill (this is an optional bonus)
- Four assessment options including no prep digital options (the teachers guide explains in detail)
- 7 Tech Tip Slides with animated gifs to help students work independently
Be sure to download the preview for more details
The amount of time needed will vary. My third graders took eight 40 minute class periods to complete the 2s slide deck. My 4th and 5th graders times vary with the slide decks with the shortest amount I've seen being about 80 minutes for one slide deck. Students who have access internet at home can work outside of class.
The slide number total does not include the answer keys, repeated slides, cover pages, or digital assessments.
Fluently multiply and divide within 100, using strategies such as the relationship between multiplication and division (e.g., knowing that 8 × 5 = 40, one knows 40 ÷ 5 = 8) or properties of operations. By the end of Grade 3, know from memory all products of two one-digit numbers.
Interpret products of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 5 × 7 as the total number of objects in 5 groups of 7 objects each.
Identify arithmetic patterns (including patterns in the addition table or multiplication table), and explain them using properties of operations.
Check out all of my resources for the Google Classroom!