Multiplication Games & Division Game
- A Multiplication Game Board for each of the Times Tables 5x, 6x, 7x, 8x, 9x, 10x, 11x & 12x PLUS a game a Game Board for each of the same inverse Division Facts. PLUS
a PowerPoint file containing all the boards. NB There are high color and low color versions of each of the boards. Check out the PREVIEW file for a better look :-)
About the Game
Six Men's Morris is a variant of the strategy game Nine Men's Morris. Nine Men's Morris most likely originated in the Roman Empire. It is not certain exactly how old the game is as there is conflicting evidence regarding its origin. Estimates on the game's age vary from about 2 000 to 3 400 years old.
To develop strategic thinking skills while learning Multiplication & Division Facts and have a little fun doing it.
What you Need
1 Six Men's Morris Game Board
6 counters of different colors for each player
How to Play
1. The game begins with an empty board and each player in possession of 6 counters.
2. The player with the longest hair goes first.
3. Players take turns either:
- placing a counter on an empty space on the board and stating the answer to the algorithm covered aloud to their opponent.
- sliding a counter already on the board one space horizontally or vertically along the line to the next empty space. They then read the algorithm landed on to their opponent and answer it aloud.
5. Each time a player gets three or more of their counters in a row along a single line (this is traditionally called a 'mill') they must choose one of their opponent's counters and remove it from the board. The removed piece takes no further part in the game.
The Two Mill Rule - If by sliding ONE piece TWO MILLs are formed, then TWO of the opponent's pieces MUST be removed.
1. Diagonal moves are NOT permitted.
2. Placing a piece on top of another is not allowed.
3. A player cannot jump a counter over another counter.
4. Moving a piece one space and then moving it back to the same space on the next move is also not permitted. NB Even to try this is considered 'poor form'.
5. Forming a mill, moving a piece out of the mill and then moving it back on the next turn is illegal.
How to Win
- The player who is left with 2 or fewer pieces on the board loses the game.
Included in this Download
- High Color Boards for the 5 Times Table, 6 Times Table, 7 Times Table, 8 Times Table, 9 Times Table, 10 Times Table, 11 Times Table and 12 Times Table.
- Low Color Boards for the 5 Times Table, 6 Times Table, 7 Times Table, 8 Times Table, 9 Times Table, 10 Times Table, 11 Times Table and 12 Times Table.
- High Color Boards for the 5 Times Division Facts, 6 Times Division Facts, 7 Times Division Facts, 8 Times Division Facts, 9 Times Division Facts, 10 Times Division Facts, 11 Times Division Facts and 12 Times Division Facts.
- Low Color Boards for the 5 Times Division Facts, 6 Times Division Facts, 7 Times Division Facts, 8 Times Division Facts, 9 Times Division Facts, 10 Times Division Facts, 11 Times Division Facts and 12 Times Division Facts.
A PowerPoint File with all the color boards to make introducing the game and Number Chats much easier.
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)