: Multiplication Bingo & Multiplication Boom in One Download - 1. Bingo or Matho are classic Multiplication Games used in classrooms around the world to reinforce multiplication facts. 2. Multiplication Boom is another great Math Game to play in your classroom.
Included in this Download:
- 15 Bingo / Matho Boards
- 26 Cards for the Six Times Tables in the form 6x3 & 3x6
- 26 Cards for the Seven Times Tables in the form 7x3 & 3x7
- 26 Cards for the Eight Times Tables in the form 8x3 & 3x8
- 26 Cards for the Nine Times Tables in the form 9x3 & 3x9
- 16 Boom Cards
What You Need:
- All game boards printed out and either laminated or in plastic sleeves
- The game cards printed on cardboard and cut out
- 25 plastic counters for each player
- One calculator for each player (optional)
Possible Set Up:
This game can be played as a small group of 6 or eight students or as a whole class. This is a great game for Math Centers and parent helpers.
How to Play:
1. Students sit with their materials ready to go.
2. A game leader shuffles the questions cards then begins to read the algorithms.
3. Players work out the answer and check if their solution is printed on their game board. If it is there they cover the number with a counter, if not they wait for the next algorithm to be read.
NB I encourage the children guess then check their answers with the calculator in order to aid memorisation of the multiplication facts.
4. The winner is the person who covers all the numbers first and calls out BINGO or Matho!
NB - I like to play this game so the winner is the first person to get 5 counters in a row either horizontally, vertically or diagonally. I think it keeps the interest level high.
- Pairs of students play one board. This opens up the way to co-operative learning.
- Each student plays with 2 boards.
A Fun Multiplication Fact Game
- To have a bit of fun learning Multiplication Facts.
- For students to identify Multiplication Facts they 'need to work on'.
- Decorate a large ice-cream container or coffee tin with colorful paper to draw the cards from. NB I’ve found many students enjoy the concept of a 'lucky dip' rather than drawing cards straight from a deck.
- I've also found over the years, children like to draw the cards from either a magician's or wizard’s hat. It is well worth investing in both. You can pick up some really nice bargains on Ebay when looking for this type of prop.
What You Need:
1 set of Tables Facts e.g. 7 Times Table
4 BOOM!!! Cards
A hat or container for drawing out cards.
How to Play:
1. In pairs students take turns drawing a Multiplication Fact from the container and giving the answer to their partner.
2. If the card is read correctly the drawer keeps the card. If they cannot read the card, their partner is given the opportunity to read it. If the partner can read it, then the partner keeps the card. If neither student can read the card they place it in a, 'To Work on Later' pile.
3. When a player draws a 'BOOM!' card they must return all their cards to the container and the BOOM!!! Card is discarded.
How to Win:
- The game continues in this fashion until there are no cards left in the container. The players then tally how many cards they have and the student with the highest number is declared the winner.
Check Out My MEGA BUNDLE
It includes ALL
the great games in my store PLUS
every resource I make for the next YEAR
It is a book that just keeps on giving.
Take me to the Mother Load :-)