- Bump - Two Times Table to Twelve Times Table - 11 Game Boards.. These fun and printable multiplication games are for elementary school students. The games are designed to reinforce the multiplication tables facts.
Players throw dice and multiply the number shown by the game board number. They then place a counter on the answer. This is a game students really enjoy.
What You Need
2 dice numbered 1 to 6
1 Bump Multiplication Board
6 Counters of different colors per Player
1 Dice Mat - Optional
How to Play
1. Add up how many letters you have in your first and last names. The student with the least letters goes first.
2. Player One throws the 2 dice onto the Dice Mat.
3. Player One adds the numbers thrown and then multiplies that number by the table shown on the board e.g. If playing the 5 Times Board and the player throws 6 then the algorithm required is 6x5 and then place a counter over 30 (NB it is a good idea to have Player 2 to check Player One's calculations for accuracy).
4. Player Two repeats steps 2 through 4.
5. Player One then throws one die, performs the calculations and places a counter on the required number.
6. Player 2 then repeats Step 5.
The 'Bump' Rule
- If a number is already covered by a single opposition counter a player can 'BUMP' the counter off the board and replace it with their own.
The 'Locked In' Rule
- If a number is covered is covered by your piece and you throw that number, A player can place a second counter on top of the one already on the board. This means the piece is 'LOCKED IN' and it cannot be 'BUMPED' off the board.
7. Play continues in this turnabout fashion of throwing 2 dice on one turn and one die on the next.
How to Win
The first player to use up all their counters wins the game.
The Dice Mat: - The Dice Mat is a piece of felt or A4 paper. It is used to keep down noise, confine the 'throws' to a small area and or to eliminate dice related 'silliness' before it occurs. hehehe
- If any of the dice roll off the mat the throw is disallowed.
Conduct Number Talks Before and After the Game
A 'Number Talk' is a 5 to 15 minute class discussion which focuses on the efficient use of number strategies to solve problems. The teacher and students verbally communicate problem solving strategies to explore and expose the group to new ways of thinking. The talks serve to deepen mathematical understandings and develop computational fluency.
A Possible Number Talks
- Throw the dice and model solving the problem presented. NB The verbalizing of teacher self talk is very important e.g I worked this out by going 5+5 is 10, then 10 lots of 8 is 80.
- Does anyone have a different way of doing it?
- Explain to a partner how you found the answer. ie Use the 'Think, Pair Share' or 'Think, Pair Square' strategy.
Possible Journal Reflections
- I enjoyed playing this Math game today because______________
- I did not enjoy playing this Math game today because___________
- While playing the Math game today I figured out ________
- After playing this Math game I can now ___________
- Based on the way I felt today in Math I need to __________
- What did you discover about your use of Multiplication strategies while playing this game.
- On a scale from 1 to 10 I rated my Math work a ______ today because________
Included in this Download
- 1 Monkey 2x Table Full Color Game Board
- 1 Monkey 2x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Construction Workers 3x Table Full Color Game Board
- 1 Construction Workers 3x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Fairy 4x Table High Color Game Board
- 1 Fairy 4x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Exotic Birds 5x Table High Color Game Board
- 1 Exotic Birds 5x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Mermaid 6x Table High Color Game Board
- 1 Mermaid 6x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Pilots 7x Table High Color Game Board
- 1 Pilots 7x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Pool Party 8x Table High Color Game Board
- 1 Pool Party 8x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Super Hero 8x Table High Color Game Board
- 1 Super Hero 9x Table High Color Game Board
- 1 Super Hero 9x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Witch & Ghost 10x Table High Color Game Board
- 1 Witch & Ghost 10x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Alien & UFO 11x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Astronaut & Asteroid 12x Table High Color Game Board
- 1 Astronaut & Asteroid 12x Table Low Color Game Board
- 1 Set of Game Rules
- Teaching Notes
- Possible Math Journal Reflections
If You Like the Look of This Game, CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
my current Math and Literacy games PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
You only have to use 7 of the games to get your money's worth :-)
To Read More - CLICK HERE
Huge thanks to PrettyGrafik for the help with the game characters.