Are you searching for a fun way to introduce multiplication to 2nd and 3rd graders? Do your 2nd and 3rd graders need to develop a deeper understanding of multiplication?
Multiplication Games: Fishing for Facts 1-5 is just what you need.
In Multiplication Games: Fishing for Facts 1-5 students can play one of three multiplication games.
1. In the game Fishing for Multiplication – Students “fish” for 4 matching cards that represent the same multiplication expression.
For example, students might match the following multiplication cards:
2 × 2, 2 groups of 2, 2 + 2, and a picture of 2 groups of 2.
2. When playing the multiplication game Memory Fishing – Students turn over cards that represent a multiplication expression. If the cards are for the same multiplication expression, it’s a match.
3. Your students' create side will shine as the play the multiplication game Draw, Learn, and Win – Students select a multiplication expression. After selecting the multiplication expression, students must illustrate it.
Playing each multiplication game is easy because each game is based on games students are familiar with.
Learning multiplication facts and the meaning of multiplication expressions comes easily as students play each multiplication game. Soon your students will be telling you, “4 x 4 is the same as 4 groups of 4 or 4 + 4 + 4 + 4…
Multiplication Games: Fishing for Facts 1-5 consist of five types of cards that illustrate and explain each multiplication expression. These multiplication cards are:
• Area Models
• Repeated Addition
• Whole/Part Models
• Multiplication Expressions
• Equal Groups with Words
• Equal Groups with Pictures
Rules and assembly directions for each multiplication game are included. Some multiplication games have natural challenges built in them. Other multiplication games include rules to make the game more challenging.
Needing more to help your students with their multiplication facts? Seven websites are included to help your students develop an understanding of multiplication and learn their multiplication facts.
The multiplication games and multiplication websites are perfect for math centers.
Each game in Multiplication Games: Fishing for Facts 1- 5 is aligned to 2nd and 3rd grade multiplication standards.