This Common Core aligned multiplication activity allows students an opportunity to practice multiplying 2x1 digit numbers using the distributive property, expanded form, and partial products.
This is also available in our 4.NBT.5 MEGA Bundle: Matching Cards, Practice, Posters, and Assessment
This matching set includes:
- Direction Sheet
- 2 sets of cards (Total of 50 matching pairs)
- Student Self-Check (Answer Key) for both sets
Cut out each set of cards and place in a Ziploc bag using the labels on the next page to stay organized. You may want to print these on cardstock and laminate them to last longer.
These can be used:
- whole class (using one at a time for instruction or discussion)
- in stations as additional practice or review
- as a whole class matching game
- review (for standardized testing)
Set 1: (25 matching pairs)
Match each 2 x 1 digit multiplication problem with the correct distributive property using expanded form.
Set 2: (25 matching pairs)
Match each 2 x 1 digit multiplication problem with the correct partial products.
Looking for more math matching activities? Click the links below:
Link-Estimation Matching: Use rounding to estimate products
Link-Area Model Matching
We hope you and your students enjoy this wonderful activity!
Kathleen & Mande’