This game is a great way for students to have fun while practicing their math facts!
This game idea was based off of the classic card game, “Memory” with a twist.
1) Decide which set you would like to use. There are 4 sets of cards with 24 fact cards and 4 multiplication word problems cards in each set. This way you can have groups of students play the game more than once, practicing different facts each time.
2) Print the cards on cardstock (so students cannot see through the paper).
3) Face the answer cards down on a table in rows (4 columns and 6 rows, as an example). Students will then create a question card pile and face those cards down as well.
4) The first student will draw from the top of the question card stack. The student will read the fact out loud and share the answer with the other players.
5) If the answer is correct, the student will flip an answer card from the table over. If the number on the chosen answer card matches the answer to the multiplication fact on the question card, the student gets to keep the question card. The answer card will remain face up on the table. If the question card answer does not match the chosen answer card, the student will flip the answer card back over (like in “Memory” when you don’t make a match) and put the question card back in a discard pile.
6) If a student picks up a “Multiplication Match” answer card, then they automatically get to keep their question card!
7) Students will keep taking turns until ALL question cards are gone. The student with the most question cards at the end of the game, wins!
You could also combine the question cards with the answer cards and face ALL of the cards down on a table. Continue playing the classic “Memory” game by matching a multiplication fact to the correct answer card. Student can keep the matches that they find.
Please leave a review with any comments or changes that you would make to the product. Thank you!
Check out MORE engaging multiplication printables:
Roll and Multiply
Roll to Race!
Spin to Win Partner Game!