This mat is designed to help students represent multiplication using various models. They will use the repeated addition, strip diagrams, groups of, arrays, and number lines.
Teacher key included.
• Print the Multiplication Models Mat in color on white cardstock.
• Print the Multiplication Cards on white cardstock.
• Laminate, cut and bag.
• You might also consider printing the key and laminating to keep in the center as a model of how you expect the Multiplication Models Mat to be completed by students.
1. Choose a card.
2. Write the expression from the Multiplication Card in the first box of the Multiplication Models Mat.
3. Complete each model of the multiplication expression on the mat.
4. Write an equation at the end with the factors and solution.
3.4E represent multiplication facts by using a variety of approaches such as repeated addition, equal-sized groups, arrays, area models, equal jumps on a number line, and skip counting