Why not step up engagement when practicing 2 x 2 digit multiplication problems? This resource includes 3 Google Sheet's™ with the Mystery Pixel Art. There are 2 with 20 multiplication facts for students to solve and one with 19 problems. Each one comes with a worksheet for the students to do their work on. Once they insert their answers on the corresponding lines and click "return", some of the art will magically appear. Each also includes an answer key.
This activity is great for centers, early finishers, or as a morning work. It is self-correcting and highly engaging!
You can see the three included below:
Below shows the teacher directions for one of them.
1. Make sure you open the Google Sheets™ file called “Mystery
Art 7” in your Google Drive™. Once you one it, it will remain in your Google Drive™.
2. Go to Google Classroom™ and click on the class that you wish to share this project
3. Go to the ”Classwork” tab and then click create ”Assignment”
4. Give the assignment a title and description if you wish, then click on the “Drive” icon
to add the Mystery Art 7 file to the assignment.
5. Once the file is attached, make sure you go to the drop down menu on the file
attachment and choose “make a copy for each student”.
6. Then click “Assign”.
7. The students will log into Google Classroom™ and go to this new assignment. Make
sure they open this assignment so that it is now in their own Google Drive™. This
usually means they must open it and then click on the box/arrow in the top left corner.
8. Students can now use the answers on the question page to fill in the answers. The
answers go in the answer column of the Sheet. If students correctly type in the
answer, they will see colors pop up on the screen. If they answer all of the questions
correctly, they will see the full picture.
If you ever have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org