Help your students strengthen their multiplication skills with these highly engaging monster math activities. Students will start with the basics as they multiply various features of a group of monsters of the same type. They will then solve for particular features shared between two different types of monster groups, thus solving multi-step multiplication problems. Students use their multiplication skills to complete charts and solve rigorous task card challenges. This resource also includes a performance task where students apply their understanding to create their own multi-step multiplication word problems and develop an answer keys with reasoning. Students then share with their classmates to have them solve and compare answers.
This resource includes:
- Roll Call Activity- students count monster features to create a chart that will assist them with their multiplication tasks through the activities.
- Monster Reference Page- helps students count features during the Roll Call activity
- Multiple Monsters Activity- students use their multiplication skills to figure out the number of specific features of a particular group of monsters (one-step multiplication activity)
- Two Task Card Activities- students use multi-step strategies to solve for a particular monster feature shared by two types of monster groups
- Monster Museum Field Trip
- Monster Carpool
- A Performance Task (application of understanding)- Students create their own multi-step word problem and an answer key. Students then share their word problems with classmates to solve and compare answers.
- Activity Direction Page for students
- Worksheets for recording their findings
- Work space pages to show their work/thinking
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will receive email updates about this store.
- Subscribe to my website for engaging teaching ideas and to receive exclusive freebies.
- Follow me on Instagram for engaging activities and helpful teaching tips.
- Follow me on Pinterest for other teaching ideas.