This FREE sample of multiplication Problem Solving Journal Prompts include 5 word problems to print, cut apart and glue into math journals. Formatted to fit inside a composition or spiral notebook. Aligned to 3rd grade CCSS 3.OA but also appropriate for advanced 2nd and struggling 4th graders.
Use Journal Prompts to:
• Increase problem solving abilities
• Increase math standardized test scores
• Help students to write to explain their thinking
• Model problem solving strategies
• Introduce daily math lessons
• Assess student thinking before or after concepts are taught
• Address misconceptions
How to Journal Prompts:
• Print the student pages and teacher pages aligned to the standards you want to teach.
• Cut apart and ask students to glue the Journal Prompt into math journals or notebooks.
• Allow students to solve the Journal Prompts by creating a model, equation, and written explanation.
• Pick students to share solutions and strategies used to solve the warm up. Analyze through classroom discussion!
• Highlight effective strategies used to solve the Journal Prompts.
• Redirect misconceptions and allow students to correct or add to their explanation.
Check out the complete collection of standards aligned Journal Prompts!
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Geometry
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Measurement and Data
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Fractions 3.NF
FREE Problem Solving Journal Prompts: 3.NBT
Problem Solving Journal Prompts: Multiplication and Division 3.OA
Save $6 by purchasing the BUNDLE!
Problem Solving Journal Prompts BUNDLE