Students will use cooperative learning to practice the commutative, associative, identity, and zero properties of multiplication.
Preparing Materials - Copy, cut, and fold cards so each card has the question on one side and the answer on the back.
1) With a card in one hand and the other hand raised, each student stands up, puts a hand up, and pairs up with a classmate. They give each other a high five as they pair up.
2) In the pair, Partner A asks Partner B a question relating to his or her card.
3) Partner B Answers Partner A’s question.
4) If Partner B answers correctly, Partner A praises him or her. If partner B answers incorrectly, Partner A provides the correct answer and coaches/tutors Partner B.
5) Partners switch roles. Partner B now asks the question and offers praise or coaches.
6) Before departing and looking for a new partner, partners trade cards. This way, students have a new card for each new pairing.
7) Partners split up and continue quizzing and getting quizzed by new partners. When done, they trade cards again and find and new partner.