Mastering multiplication is a difficult skill that requires a LOT of practice. My students love to practice by doing scavenger hunts! There are two ways to play:
1. Prepare cards. Hide all cards throughout your classroom.
2. Send students around the room to find the “Start” card. I require them to be absolutely silent, and encourage them to compete with their classmates to reach the end of the scavenger hunt first!
3. After students find the product of the problem on the “Start” card, they will search the room for that particular answer.
4. They will continue to solve each until they reach “The End!”
1. Prepare cards. (I place them in Ziploc bags.)
2. Place students in small groups or partners.
3. Have students solve the “Start” card.
4. Use the answer from the “Start” card to find the next problem in the stack.
5. Solve all problems (in order) until the group reaches “The End”.