Take a break from the multiplication fact practice doldrums!
Multiplication spinners provide a super low prep, SUPER ENGAGING
way for kids to practice their math facts. Differentiation is a snap
using the color code.
Included in this pack:
• 25 color-coded, differentiated multiplication fact spinners
• 4 different student recording sheets
• Tips for implementation
Spinners require no assembly
...just use a pencil and paper clip! Photo included.
This is available at a discount, in my Multiplication BUNDLE, packed with 49 pages of multiplication goodies!
Spinners provide differentiated multiplication skills practice
in a fun and engaging
The 25 spinners are color-coded, making differentiation a snap:
• pink (4 spinners) = 2’s; 10’s; 5’s; mixed 2’s/10’s/5’s
• green (4 spinners) = 0’s; 1’s; mixed 0’s/1’s; mixed 0’s/1’s/2’s
• blue (4 spinners) = 3’s; 4’s; mixed 3’s/4’s; mixed 3’s/4’s/5’s
• purple (4 spinners) = 6’s; 7’s; 8’s; mixed 6’s/7’s/8’s
• orange (2 spinners) = 9’s; mixed 6’s/7’s/8’s/9's
• black (6 spinners) = ALL FACTS
• solid black (1 spinner) = square facts
Facts are grouped in the same way that we scaffold multiplication fact instruction--from easiest to most difficult. Care has been taken to ensure that all facts, 1 x 1 through 10 x 10, are included on the “ALL FACTS” spinners.
To use in a WHOLE-GROUP setting:
• Distribute color-coded spinners to kids based on their mastery of the facts.
• Model how to use the spinners with a pencil and a paper clip (see the included photo).
• They can spin, solve, and record
their equations and answers on one of the four included recording sheets.
• Use these two ways: spin and solve ( # ) times, or spin and solve for ( # ) minutes.
When they’ve reached their goal, have your kids trade spinners with someone who has the same color and start again. They’ll continue to get practice at their level, with new and different problems to solve!
These also work well as
• small group skills practice;
• a multiplication math center activity;
• skills practice for fast finishers; and
• homework. (Kids will love this “spin” on traditional math homework!)
• Using these in a math center
? Provide a stopwatch and copies of the recording sheet. Have pairs of students time each other and compete to complete multiplication facts in one, two, or three minutes. Provide a multiplication chart for easy self-checking.
• Using these in a whole-group setting
? Use the spinners at the beginning of your math lesson to focus their thinking and wake up your students' brains!
• Using these as homework
? Keep several sets of spinners in individual Ziploc bags, along with a paper clip. Assign color-coded spinner bags to students for "just-right" at-home practice.
• Using these for fast finishers
? It's an easy go-to activity for your speedy workers. Leave spinners, paper clips, and recording sheets in an accessible place for a quick & engaging skill-building activity.
Working on multiplication??
This can also be found in the money-saving Multiplication BUNDLE, packed with 49 pages of multiplication goodies!
Also be sure to see:
Multiplication Print & Go Pack
Multiplication: Beat the Clock
Sweet Shoppe Multiplication
You may also like:
Christmas Math: Grade 3 Packet
Thanksgiving Math: Grade 3 Packet
How to earn TPT credits to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. You can check your credit balance in your TpT Credit Balance
page. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases in my store, or any TpT store. I value and appreciate your feedback!
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts, and freebies:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
You’ll receive customized email updates about this store, and be the first to know when new products are added.