There isn't just one way to multiply. This set of activities requires students to explain multiplication using various models and strategies.
• Learning Target - This is a student-friendly “I Can” statement reflecting what students are expected to understand about multiplication strategies.
• Foldable - Students will draw examples of 5 different strategies/models. Great for interactive notebooks.
• Graphic Organizer - Students will write a multiplication expression and then show different models that can be used to solve.
• Performance task - Requires students to demonstrate understanding of basic multiplication by creating several types of models and explaining their thinking. There is both a written product and a presentation component.
• Performance Rubric - Provides specific criteria for success on this task.
The task is a great way to assess student learning!
This resource is included in my Third Grade YEAR LONG BUNDLE
Connect with Me!
• Fishyrobb's Pond
• Fishyrobb on Pinterest
• Fishyrobb on Instagram
• Fishyrobb on Facebook
• Fishyrobb on Twitter