4x 6x 7x 8x 9x
Level (Year) Four
This unit of work is aimed at supporting students to not only learn their multiplication tables, but to understand them. Multiplication tables are one aspect of teaching multiplication but these facts are critical to further learning in multiplication.
This unit includes:
• On overview of the concepts and strategies relevant to the development of multiplication
• A Student Progress Record sheet
• Tasks to support the teaching of multiplication and division
• Resources to support the teaching of multiplication and division (including ‘Speed Check’ sheets, individual and partner games/tasks, dominoes and flash cards)
• Identified assessment tasks to support a differentiated teaching approach
There is also room to include your favourite multiplication tasks and activities that are relevant to the strategies being taught, or to practice the multiplication concept.
Please note: Multiplication Tables 2x, 3x, 5x and 10x are covered in
iSURF unit Multiplication Tables – Level 3 (also available in our store)