As a THANK YOU to my followers, this product is HALF PRICE for the first 48 hours!
Multiplication Word Problems on 150s Chart: Multiples Book
Please see the preview for an overview and a freebie.
Don’t start yet! Once my students have finished one of these problems, I can hardly get them to wait for the rest of the problems. They love finding the pattern and sharing their discoveries with the class. At the beginning, one good question can take us 20 minutes to discuss and model. Later in the year these questions come out for review of a tricky multiple, or reminder that students can already use a property fluently (distributive, identity etc.).
Big Ideas Addressed:
• Problem Solving Strategy
• How to go over the “glass ceiling” of 100
• How far do multiples go? I ask this question and accept lots of answers as I keep pulling on those ideas until someone figures out that multiples go forever. At that point someone else will often think of the math term ‘infinity.’
• Labeling Units – I love to model these incorrectly and wait for someone to raise their hand to respectfully disagree. For example – Coach’s gloves asks for how many fingers will go in the gloves, not how many gloves he has.
• Distributive, Associative and Commutative properties. Students often use these principals in finding the answers and don’t realize it until we compare the methods with the whole group.
• Math Conversations – These pages are a staple to my beginning of year routines as I model how math conversations sound, how to disagree, how to question each other kindly, how to see another way to solve the problem and how to explain it in writing.
This set includes
• 18 premade word problems with 150s chart for coloring
• Optional book covers so students can bind and keep as a reference
• Copy of “Do You Want To Solve a Problem” song parody.
• A question for all multiples 1-12
• Extra questions for more or different practice (arrays, tape diagram etc.)
• Bonus “Mad Lib” style problem to Create Your Own with students.
• CUBES method for math journal
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Many thanks to these creative talents:
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.