PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Frustrated because your students lack fluency in basic multiplication and division facts? Looking for ways to develop thinking and reasoning strategies based on number sense rather than tricks and rhymes that students forget? This 150 page resource provides a comprehensive bank of activities to introduce, practice and extend thinking and reasoning strategies to build number sense and develop students' abilities to automatically and accurately recall the basic multiplication and division facts.
Included in this resource:
- student notebook pages with examples and guided practice problems for each strategy
- word problems to practice each strategy in meaningful contexts
- extension problems for those students ready to extend the use of each strategy beyond the basic facts
- clear, simple charts to display in your classroom after the introduction of each strategy
- easy prep math games with sentence frames to practice and reinforce strategies
- fact fluency sheets to assess mastery of basic multiplication facts
Connect with K-5 Math Teaching Resources
- Follow our TpT store to receive notifications of upcoming sales, new products and free downloads
- Visit our website for FREE math resources aligned with all K-5 CCSS domains