- 18 card questions (2 sets)
- Tic Tac Toe game board
- Answer Key
Use this to supplement your fraction lesson where students practice multiplying and dividing unit fractions.
The act of dividing and multiplying decimals conceptually can be challenging. One suggestion would be to always keep it in context – I like to introduce and practice the skill by using word problems. Here are some ways you can help your students “break it down” when applying them to word problems.
1) Talk about the ACTION
- Combining (x)
- Separating (÷)
2) Draw a model or picture representation
- To help students build the conceptual understanding and support the TEKS that deal with REPRESENTING the multiplication and division of fractions using models
3) Answer the question in a complete sentence
- This is to help the students make sure they actually answered the question
**I would greatly appreciate an honest review! Leave a comment!*