Put your students to work solving the Cupcake Shop's Multiplying and Dividing Fractions word problem task cards! Also includes problems focused on modeling of multiplication of whole numbers by fractions! My task card sets of real-world word problems use fun themes that you can use year-round in whole-group lessons, math stations, centers, and rotations for guided math activities.
I have found that many students struggle with applying the computations they know when faced with word problems. This really affects them when they face a test that contains almost all word problems. Therefore, I created these Word Problems to challenge students while they learn how to multiply and divide with fractions. I like to use these cards instead of our textbook by placing cards all around the room and having students move to the cards independently to complete the work. Students check in with me throughout the process to get answers checked and to ask questions. Of course, you can also use these in centers.
This set contains:
-32 multiplying and dividing fractions task cards
-Cupcake Shoppe Payroll problems (multiplying whole number/decimal)
-4 Cupcake Shoppe Boxed Order Questions
-student answer/recording sheet
Common Core Alignment:
Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to multiply and divide fractions.
5.NF.3 Interpret a fraction as division of the numerator by the denominator. Solve word problems involving division of whole numbers leading to answers in the form of fractions or mixed numbers.
5.NF.4 Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication to multiply a fraction or whole number by a fraction.
Want more 4th/5th Grade Fraction Task Cards? You can now get all of my fractions task cards in my Fractions Task Card Bundle at 20% off! Check out each task card set by clicking below:
1) Multiply and Divide Fractions Task Cards: Cupcake Shop Theme
2) Multiply and Divide Fractions Task Cards: House Plans Theme (using area)
3) Add and Subtract Fractions with Unlike Denominators: Candy Shop Theme
4) Subtracting Fractions with Regrouping/Borrowing (Three Levels of Difficulty)
5) Comparing and Ordering Fractions (Teach 4 Different Methods)
6) Multiplying Fractions by Fractions and by Whole Numbers (includes visual modeling)
7) Summer Slide: 4th Grade Review/Beginning of Year 5th Graders Summer Themed Word Problems
Read More about My Reflections and Resources at the Tarheelstate Teacher Blog
Instagram is My Jam! Follow me!
Pin With Me on Pinterest!
Find me on Facebook!