Multiplication - Multiply by 2! This math workshop unit includes mini lessons, stations, and assessments. Master basic fact fluency! In my own classroom I would use these resources in a 30 minute math workshop each morning. This product is pretty open-ended and could be used in many different ways, but here is an idea of how I would plan my week with it:
Day 1 - Mini Lesson #1, learn and play "Submarine Sink" (blue level) as a whole class with partners at seats using the list of facts from the lesson. Give the pre-test (20 facts in 1 minute!).
Day 2 - Mini Lesson #2, learn and play "Four Square" as a class. Split class and partner students to play "Submarine Sink" and "Four Square" at their seats. There are two versions of each game. Use one of the additional resources for a summary activity/homework/assessment.
Day 3 - Review 2 facts (play "Buzz!"), set up the four math stations for today and tomorrow. Students can spend 10 minutes before rotating to the next. I do two stations per group in one day. Use one of the additional resources for a summary activity/homework/assessment.
Day 4 - Review 2 facts (play "Buzz!"), continue yesterday's station rotation. Use one of the additional resources for a summary activity/homework/assessment.
Day 5 - Game Day! Set up four stations: "Submarine Sink", "Four Square", small group "Buzz!", and a teacher table for remediation. Post-test. (20 facts in 1 minute!)
Save with the BUNDLE:
Math Workshop Kit GROWING Bundle
Looking for math games?
Save with the GROWING Multiplication Game Bundle!
Just Games! Multiply by 2
Just Games! Multiply by 3
Just Games! Multiply by 4
Just Games! Multiply by 5
Just Games! Multiply by 6
Spinner Games! Area
Spinner Games! Perimeter
Spinner Games! Properties of Multiplication
Plan your Mini Lessons using the supplemental resources:
- How are doubles addition facts like multiplying by 2? Record the sums and products, then compare.
- What is a multiple? Print or project the poster and practice skip counting by 2
- Play and learn BUZZ! Print the hundreds chart for each student or project it for all to see!
Each station task comes with a 'teacher guide' to explain the prep and lesson. I do a 15 minute 'basic math fact' rotation four days a week. Each group visits just one per day. All make great independent stations:
- Four Corners Partner Game* (print & laminate one page game boards)
- Submarine Sink Partner Game* (print, laminate & cut pages into 3 strips)
- Notebooking Task* (copy task sheet)
- Extended Task (copy task sheet)
* You will need dice for some of the activites included. One game requires a 10-sided dice or cards numbered 1-10. A printable version of cards numbered 1-10 is included in this product.
Additional open-ended resources:
- Skip Counting by 2
- Multiplying by 2
- 20 questions in 1 minute pre/post assessment
- Full size & mini x2 fact sheets
I am super excited to continue creating a similar set for each factor - multiplication and division! Follow me for updates on new products!
Make sure to leave feedback and earn 1 TpT Credit for every dollar spent! Redeem 20 points for $1 off any product on TpT!