This unit contains three mini-lessons: multiplying decimals by whole numbers with visual models, multiplying by decimals by decimals with visual models, and multiplying decimals with area models. This resource be used in two different ways:
- Whole group instruction to show how to use visual models to represent decimal multiplication (by whole numbers and decimals).
- This can be an intervention strategy for teaching struggling students who need a more visual approach to multiplying decimals by whole numbers and other decimals.
What You Get
★3 mini-lessons (Multiplying Decimals by Whole Numbers, Multiplying Decimals by Decimals, and Multiplying Decimals with Area Models) that include:
- a detailed page with steps on how to visually represent multiplication of a decimals
- practice page with answer key
- a blank practice page where they can make up their own problems to solve or trade with a partner to solve to extend the lesson.
★Quiz (2 versions - one with and one without area models
★16 Task Cards for additional practice
★16 Task Tents™ for review
Task Tents™ are a fun way to get your students moving around while practicing, reviewing, and assessing their mastery on specific skills and standards. Students will move around with a partner answering questions on one side of the Task Tent™. They will record their answer and have it checked by their partner, who has the answer on the other side. Each pair will keep track of their correct answers and total them up at the end.
Check out Task Tents™ for review here:
You can follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
e-mail me if you have any questions
All products purchased from ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits include a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. This license is not transferable (it cannot be passed from one teacher to another). By purchasing this product, you agree that this product will be used by one teacher and will not be shared with any other colleagues without the purchase of additional licenses. The reproduction of any part of this or any other product by ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits is strictly prohibited.
All products purchased from ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits that are created and distributed through any Google platform (Drive, Sheets, Forms, Docs, etc.) include a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. This license is not transferrable (it cannot be passed from one teacher to another). The reproduction of any part of this or any other product by ©Terry’s Teaching Tidbits is strictly prohibited. Link sharing is not permitted without the purchase of additional teacher licenses.