Multiplying and Dividing Fractions: This mini bundle of resources focuses on multiplying fractions and dividing with fractions. It was developed using most of the 5th Grade Common Core State Standards.
- a 60-slide interactive PowerPoint
- a PowerPoint Worksheet Companion (so students can follow along as you progress through the PowerPoint with their own papers they can write on)
- 6 Exit Slips (matching the six sections of the PowerPoint)
- a CRAFTIVITY
- 16 task cards
The PowerPoint is highly interactive. There are six main sections in this PowerPoint:
1. Relating Fractions to Division (CCSS.Math.Content.5.NF.B.3)
2. Multiplying Fractions (CCSS.Math.Content.5.NF.B.4)
3. Multiplying Fractions and Whole Numbers (CCSS.Math.Content.5.NF.B.5 A and B)
4. Area and Fractions (CCSS.Math.Content.5.NF.B.4B)
5. Dividing with Fractions (CCSS.Math.Content.5.NF.B.7 A and B)
6. Multiplying and Dividing with Fractions: Word Problems (CCSS.Math.Content.5.NF.B.6 and CCSS.Math.Content.5.NF.B.7C)
Each section contains many practice opportunities!
(The PowerPoint is also fully animated, so that answers do not appear on the screen until the teacher has clicked the mouse.)
The craftivity is an ideal follow-up activity. First, students complete two worksheets where they multiply and divide with fractions. Then, students write the steps that must be followed when multiplying fractions, and the steps that must be followed when dividing with fractions. After those parts are complete, students begin the fun task of assembling the craftivity! The completed craftivities can be hung on a bulletin board or in the hallway- they create a fun display that shows passers-by exactly what you have been learning in your classroom.
16 task cards, PowerPoint companion study guides, and exit tickets are also included!
Please take a moment to check out the PREVIEW!!
Also, feel free to click on the following links and take a closer look at any of these resources and view their individual PREVIEWS:
Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Unlike Denominators PowerPoint based on Multiplying and Dividing with Fractions: 5th Grade CCSS (plus a bonus PowerPoint Companion and 6 exit slips!)
Multiplying and Dividing with Fractions is a Piece of Cake! A Craftivity
The task cards, exit tickets, and PowerPoint notes are exclusive to the bundle.
Check out Part 1, which focuses on adding and subtracting fractions with unlike denominators, by CLICKING HERE.
**Please note: the PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, backgrounds).
By Deb Hanson 2015
Visit my blog! www.crafting-connections.blogspot.com
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!