This purchase includes a PowerPoint lesson on multiplying exponents including the Power Rule. The PowerPoint is designed for whole classroom instruction while the pages may be individually printed as worksheets. The PowerPoint includes an answer key and video solutions.
• Accurately multiply numeric and variable expressions with exponents.
• Accurately raise numeric and variable expression to integer exponents.
• How do we use exponents?
• How do you multiplying exponents including the Power Rule?
• When expressions with the same base are multiplied, the product is equivalent to the common base raised to the sum of the two exponents.
• When an exponential expression is raised to a power, the result is the expression to the power of the product of the exponents.
• CCSS.Math.Content.8.EE.A.1 Know and apply the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions. For example, 3² × 3⁻⁵ = 3⁻³ = (1/3)³ = 1/27.