Fraction Multiplication: "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- Fraction times a whole number
- Multiplying two fractions
- Formatting Answers (simplest form, mixed numbers as necessary)
- Using a dot instead of x to represent multiplication
- Canceling before multiplying
- Procedures plus visual models and concepts
- Multiplying three fractions
- Multiplying mixed numbers
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
** NOTE: This resource is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle: Fractions, Decimals, & Percents Activity Bundle
You might also like:
Fraction Operations - Golf Game
Fractions: "Choose Your Own Journey" Book
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle