Multiplying Fractions and Whole Numbers BUMP!
Looking for a fun and engaging way to increase students' fluency in multiplying fractions and whole numbers? Play BUMP! This game is a great way for students to practice multiplying fractions and whole numbers quickly and efficiently, as they can check their solutions with the products on the game board.
* Directions Page
* Game Board
* 2 dice
* 20 colored chips (10 of each color)
* Scrap paper/pencil or whiteboard/marker to do work
**Each player takes a turn rolling both dice. The player with the largest sum goes first.**
During a your turn...
1. Roll both dice and find the sum of the two dice.
2. Solve the problem associated with the sum (this can be found in the table on the game board).
3. Place your chip on the appropriate answer spot; your turn is now over.
* If you land on the same answer spot as your opponent, you can BUMP your opponent’s chip off the spot.
* If a player lands on an answer spot that they already landed on before (and have a chip on), they place another chip on that number and the answer spot is now FROZEN and cannot be bumped. However, the owner of the FROZEN answer spot may continue to add chips to it.
* If you land on a spot that is FROZEN, your turn is over.
* If you roll a “12”, you may place a chip on any non-FROZEN spot!
** The first player to get rid of all their chips is the winner! **
* Print game board on card stock to make it more durable
* Laminate game board for longevity
* Slip game board into page protector to make it more durable
***Please consider following me so you'll receive updates on when new products are released.***
***Please leave feedback! I would love to hear what you and your class thought of this game and/or what other versions of BUMP! you would be interested in for the future!***
Thank you! :)
Fun in the Fifth Grade