Multiplying Mixed Numbers Matching Mat
I love using math stations in my classroom to review skills. I especially love math stations that are challenging and self-checking.
This is a type of matching game where students match a card to a mat and then can check their answers.
In this particular station, students draw a multiplication of mixed numbers (with unlike denominators) expression and match it to the correct product. All fraction products are reduced/simplified.
To prepare station:
• You will need to copy 1 of the directions, 1 of the mat, and 2 of the answer keys.
• I run 1 of the answer keys on the back of the directions to save paper.
• I also run them all off on cardstock and store them in sheet protectors.
• The extra answer key you will cut the table up so that you have a set of cards to match to the mat.
• Students will need the directions, a mat, a set of cards, and an answer key to complete this station. Of their own materials, they will need a pencil and scrap paper.