This pdf file contains a two-page guided notes outline (with both a student copy to fill in and a teacher key that is already filled in) and a one-page assignment over the content of the notes (answer key included).
The notes and assignment cover the following ideas:
- What are monomials?
- Adding & Subtracting monomials (basically, this is "combining like terms" but when the terms include multiple variables and exponents)
- The Product Rule
- No visible exponent means the exponent is 1 & an exponent of 0 has a value of 1 (review concept)
- Using the product rule with negative exponents
- Rewriting answers in fraction form when they contain negative exponents
- Using the product rule with terms that have coefficients
- Using the product rule, then adding or subtracting the products (if possible)
**This lesson can also be found in the following bundles (Copy & Paste links below):
> Rules of Exponents Lesson Bundle - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rules-of-Exponents-Lesson-Bundle-3746329
> Expressions & Exponents Unit Bundle - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ExpressionsExponents-Unit-Bundle-Notes-Homework-Quizzes-Study-Guide-Test-3141800
> Pre-Algebra Full Curriculum - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pre-Algebra-Full-Curriculum-Growing-Bundle-2962272