Multiplying Whole Numbers
This resource uses a variety of instructional materials designed to teach 4th grade students about multiplying whole numbers – task cards, extra practice printables, foldables, and an assessment. “Multiplying Whole Numbers” is aligned with the following Common Core standard in Numbers and Base Ten Operations:
CCSS.4.NBT.B.5 – Multiply a whole number of up to four digits by a one-digit number, and multiply two two-digit numbers, using strategies based on place value and the properties of operations. Illustrate and explain the calculation by using equations, rectangular arrays, and/or area models.
Included in this product:
• Summary with teaching and printing suggestions
• 36 Task Cards – color and an identical B&W version with 4 question types
• Answer Key Cards – print on back of task cards as a self-checking option
• Answer Sheet and Full-Page Answer Key
• 4 Practice Printables and Keys – one page for each question type
• Assessment and Key – integrates all 4 question types
• Vocabulary Foldable – factor, product, partial products
• Interactive Foldables and Multiplication Table
This resource would be great in learning centers, during small group instruction, or with use in a Response to Intervention (RtI) lesson. You can also use the task cards with the whole class and play SCOOT or Switch!
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator