This packet contains information for your students' math notebooks which align to the 5th grade math curriculum, Math Expressions: Common Core.
If you struggle with students remembering processes and skills taught throughout the unit, and need reference pages for students or parents, this unit is for you! This unit contains models, definitions, examples, instructions, and a worksheet for additional practice for Unit 4: Multiplying Whole Numbers & Decimals. These pages were formatted to fit into a regular spiral notebook.
* Lesson 4.1: Exponents (Powers of Ten)
* Lesson 4.1: Additional practice multiplying with exponents (worksheet & answer key)
* Lesson 4.3: Area Models for Multiplication
* Lesson 4.6: Whole Number x Decimal
* Lesson 4.7: Decimal x Decimal
* Lesson 4.9: Shift Patterns with Decimals and with Exponents
Samples of completed pages are included.
*See also my Jeopardy Game for use with lesson 4.5: Practice Multiplying
For a comprehensive workbook for the entire year, see my listing for: Math Expressions CC: Grade 5 Yearlong Student Math Notebook.