Make review work or skill practice for multiplication and division of fractions more engaging with these no-prep fraction operation Solve & Draw printables. Put a new spin on color-by-number or mystery drawings and channel your students' love for doodling and drawing.These are also designed to provide practice the skills of reading math directions, fraction vocabulary, and comparing fractions to benchmarks.
How Solve & Draw Printables Work:
Students solve the fraction calculations and add to the drawing based on their answers. To keep them guessing, each problem may have one correct drawing prompt, two, or none. Each page has an average of 7 responses that require drawing. Drawing is no-prep because it can be done with the student’s normal writing utensil (pen or pencil). You may choose to allow colored pencils, crayons, or markers but they are not required. This works well as a homework option for families who may not have those supplies to offer.
Drawing prompts require a student to use multiple skills:
- Fraction calculations – multiplication and division
- Fractions vocabulary: fractions written as words, mixed number, whole numbers
- Reading accurately
An optional challenge page is included that can be copied on the back of the worksheet – this gives students an extension opportunity by asking them to create a math equation that fits one of the incorrect drawing prompts or to create a math equation and their own drawing prompts.
***Updated 4/13/15 to fix inconsistencies between student sheets and answer keys. If you purchased prior to this date, please download the updated file through the My Purchases page. Thanks! :)
***Buy this with my Addition & Subtraction Solve & Draw for a 20% discount in my Fraction Operations Solve & Draw Pack: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
You Might Also Be Interested In:
• Decimal Operation Review Draw & Solve No-Prep Printables
• Fraction Operations Addition and Subtraction Solve & Draw
• See all my Math resources by clicking here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.