This foldable helps guide students in understanding how to multiply and divide rational expressions. Topics included in the foldable are:
1. Identify undefined values
2. Simplify Expressions (Monomials Divided/Multiplied by Monomials)
3. Multiply Rational Expressions
4. Divide Rational Expressions
5. Complex Fractions Involving Multiplication and Division
Students should have a good understanding of factoring, rules of exponents, and how to cancel whole quantities.
I use this foldable in my Algebra II class as an interactive notes activity to learn how to multiply and divide rational expressions.
This foldable could be added to an interactive notebook if needed.
I typically split this into two 45 minute class periods.
Instructions for printing and assembly as well as an answer key are included.