Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.02 MB | 6 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard 5.NBT.A.2. They will use whole-number exponents to show powers of 10. Students will explain patterns in the number of zeros when multiplying by a power of 10
They will explain patterns in placement of the decimal point when multiplying or dividing a decimal by a
power of 10. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 6 links to instructional videos or texts
• 3 links to practice quizzes or activities
• Definitions of key terms, such as power of 10 and exponent
• Examples of how to find patterns in powers of 10
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• A review of key terminology
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities on certain parts of the standard, such as multiplying or dividing numbers by powers of 10
• Links to video tutorials for students struggling with certain parts of the standard, such as understanding how to move the decimal