Muncha Muncha Muncha by Candace Fleming is a wonderful book that tells the story of Mr. McGreely, who decides to plant a garden. Each night, the rabbits come and raid his garden. He goes through a sequence of steps to stop the rabbits, who, in the end, still get the carrots! This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Mr. McGreely's Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Compare and Contrast- Tell how two pictured items (from the story) are the same and different
6. Written Extension- Draw and write about how you would keep the rabbits out of the garden
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: The book is not included with this unit and must be purchased separately.