Also included in
- Finding resources that highlight women's history in Japan can be difficult which was one of the reasons why I created these short read resources. But don't buy just one, bundle them, save some money, and have more curriculum to share with your students. Empress Suiko was Japan's first female empress$14.28$20.40Save $6.12
- SMy entire collection of Asian women's short reads are multi-use and good for a variety of reasons. Include more women in your studies during Women's History Month or if you teach world history Asian history, be sure your course includes these fabulous women and women's issues. Empress Wu and Empre$29.29$41.85Save $12.56
Murasaki Shikibu is the author of the world's first novel The Tale of Genji and she embraced the new Japanese writing system, making the novel a masterpiece of both world and Japanese literature. She is included in both world history and Asian history courses and is someone your students need to know about but most textbooks do not get into her history. Correct that with this short read.
This short read is 1021 words long and is Common Core aligned. It also focuses on the following history skills:
- Forming an opinion
- Identifying author claims
- Differentiating author claims and bias
This resource was updated to work as an interactive resource for Google Classroom™ making it a great distance learning resource. If you are looking for the print-only version please click here.
- 10-page workbook that includes the short read
- 5 pages of short read
- 5 pages of summary work
- Answer key for some questions
Finding women to include in your Asian history curriculum can be difficult but we must strive more representation. I have other individual resources (just search my store) or you can get bundles. Japanese Women's History Short Reads Bundle, Asian Women's History Short Reads Bundle, or these are included in the Complete Asian Bundle.
Remember, TpT gives you credits towards future purchases if you leave a review!
If you are unable to leave a 5-star review, please let me know and I will see if I can accommodate you.
Follow my store above! I add new products often and throw sales randomly. You wouldn’t want to miss out.